Search engine optimization or SEO is improving and promoting your website purpose to increase the number of visitors to your website. There are many functions you can do as a marketer to utilize SEO, and this includes the words on your page and how other sites link to your site. SEO is a measure of ensuring that your site is structured sensibly.
SEO isn’t just about search engines. It is to help your site be more user-friendly.
Why Use SEO?
Web traffic is driven to your site by Google, Bing, and Yahoo!. There are social media and other types of traffic that can bring visitors to your website, but by far search engines are the primary method for providing users. Whether your site provides a service, products or information, it makes good sense to use SEO to drive users to your website.
Search engines provide targeted traffic or users looking for valuable information to improve website purpose. Search engines are the paths through the crazy Internet that controls when and where your site is found and used. If you cannot be detected by search engines since your content is not keyword rich, written well, or tied to a website, you will miss out on many profit opportunities.
Major search engines are always working toward simple technology by drilling into the web deeper and bringing better result to users. There is a limit to how search engines operate, however. The right SEO can net you thousands of visitors, but the wrong moves can lose your site.
Making content available to search engines SEO boosts rankings and help place material where it can be found. You need SEO to compete on the Internet; without SEO users will not find your site.
Using SEO on a Website
SEO is a bit complex to understand, but you can do it yourself if you understand the basics. There is free SEO education on the Internet and guides are provided. All you need to do is read, study and put into practice.
Every search directory uses algorithms to determine page ranking, and you will not get the same rankings on all Google, Bing, or Yahoo! Before you use backlinks, linkage from other sites, article marketing with links to other sites, use SEO strategies on your website.
- Launch the text editor that you use to create and maintain your website. Open every page of your site and look at the header section in code. Click the “code” button on the document toolbar.
- Find your “<title></title>” tags in the header. Enter your actual title. Include keywords in the page title and keep the title few than 70 characters. Search engines display the title on the text displayed above the page description. This title is hyperlinked to your website.
- A significant step that is often overlooked is to save your page and close it. Repeat these same steps until you have optimized all your titles.
SEO marketing is keyword usage. When you launch your HTML editor, you need to open a page and switch to code view. Meta keywords tags are:
- <meta name=”keywords” content=”first keyword phrase, second keyword phrase”>. Your actual keywords are typed into “keywords.” Often search engines do not bring into play the meta keyword tag, but tags are useful places to put different misspellings, alternate keyword versions, and synonyms.
- Switch to design view in your editor. Edit and look through the content of your webpage. Use keyword phrases, words, and variations throughout your content. The rule of thumb for keyword use is to include six keywords on a 500-word page article, 1000 word articles need 12 keywords or phrases.
- Include descriptive anchor text when you link internally. Different search engines place importance on link titles.
- When using keyword phrases add “alt.” One example is <img.src=”images/keyword_pictue.jpg” alt=”picture of keyword”>
All the instructions in the world are helpful, but the better path is to look into Growth99, a web building company that can take your website from boring to spectacular.